- 28 September 2021
Are you looking for excellent procedures to configure the Canon MX492 wireless printer? With the assistance of this guide, you can learn Canon MX492 configuration and your Windows and Mac system.
Canon printer users encounter this problem to configure the Canon Pixma MX492 wireless printer. So, move ahead with the required instructions for the cableless configuration of your printer.
Requirements of Canon MX492 Configuration
To begin with the connectivity process, you must confirm that you have these requirements.
• Wireless router
• Desktop system or laptop
• Reliable and Performing internet connection
After the collection of the above materials, you can move ahead with the Canon MX492 configuration process.
What Are the Methods to Configure Canon Pixma MX492 Wireless Printer?
Before moving with the wireless configuration on Windows or Mac device, ready for your printer for wireless set-up. Few instructions are given below.
• Turn on your printer
• Click the setup tab available in the top-menu option
• Choose the wireless LAN setup option and then click on Okay
• Finally, choose a cable-less configuration and click the Ok button.
It means that you have successfully followed the methods to make your printer ready for the wireless setup. Go ahead with the Canon MX492 configuration for your Windows.
Configuration of Canon Pixma MX492 Wireless Printer on Windows 10, 8.1, 7, XP
• Install the printer software to your Windows system or any other device to connect your printer to the wireless router
• Close all the applications before installation
• Log in to the Admin account
• Insert the CD in the CD-ROM drive if activated on your system for software installation
• Now, press on the Run Msetup4.exe displayed on your autoplay screen
• Click Yes to carry on the User control box.
Download the printer installation online, go through the below steps.
• Go to the official website of canon.com/ijsetup Choose on the Set-Up option
• Type the printer model name MX492 in the search box mentioned at the top and then press the Go button. Get the printer model in the MX list mentioned in the first section
• Next, choose a country or region and then download the Setup
• Activate the downloaded file and begin the installation
• Go through the on-screen instruction to finish up the installation
• Do a double-click on it as the file is stored on the system and go through on-screen steps
• Then, press on Next and then on the wireless LAN connection
• Select Connect via wireless router option and then press on Next
• Here, press cableless setup and then on Yes option
• Go through the instructions until you look at the Setup Completion dialog box. Press on the complete button when it appears
• The installation process is now finished. Get the test print window on your screen
• Inspect the printer’s functionality by putting a blank paper inside the printer and then press on Execute option
• Come out of the installation process when the test print is completed.
Configure Canon Pixma MX492 Cableless Printer on Mac
• Go to the official website of Canon i.e. ij.start.cannon
• Here, press on the setup option and choose your printer model by entering MX492 in the search bar mentioned at the top. Find MX product
• After that, select a country or region and then press the download option
• When the file is downloaded, do a double-click on the downloaded file .dmg file
• Next, do a double-click on the Setup icon and press the Next option
• Type the admin username and password and press the Install Helper option
• Then, press on the Next button
• Select the printer connection method and then select the Wireless LAN connection option followed by pressing Next
• Choose the wireless connection method and select the Connect via wireless router option
• Here, press the Cableless setup option and again press on the Next button
• Add your printer and select the Canon series Canon IJ network and then press the add button
• Once the configuration is done, press the Next button
• Finally, press the Exit button after the installation is finished.
We hope that the above troubleshooting methods configure the Canon Pixma MX492 wireless printer that works for both Windows and Mac.