- 24 May 2022
Canon printer error 006 is a common issue that takes place when you run the Service Tool. Canon printers are known for their excellent printing and scanning features. However, running the Canon Service Tool can give rise to the error code 006. The Service Tool in Canon is used to reset Canon printers after replacing parts, such as Print Head, Ink Absorber Kit and several others. Besides, it is a portable application and you don’t need to install it on your device. Using this tool, you can perform a myriad of the tasks, such as cleaning, test printing, clearing ink counter, wetting liquid counter, saving data and several others. This post elaborates on the Canon printer error 006 along with other related information. Let’s proceed further!
What is Error Code 006 in Canon Printer?
When you try to open Canon Service Tool in your Canon printer, it gives an error message on your screen along with the error code 006. This error code depicts mainly two things. Either the printer is not in the service mode or the Service Tool does not support the printer. To resolve this issue, you need to turn your printer off and repeat the same procedure to enter the Service Mode in an appropriate manner. If the error continues even after this solution, it means that the Service Tool doesn’t support your printer. Moving ahead in this post, you can find some of the most relevant solutions that can resolve the error code 006 in your Canon printer.
What Are the Possible Reasons Behind Error Code 006 in Canon?
Now that you are aware of the error, below are some of the apparent reasons that can evoke this problem in your Canon printer:
• Service Tool is unable to send commands to the Canon printer due to USB port problems.
• When the process to enter the service mode is inappropriate.
• A faulty Canon printer driver can also evoke the error code 006.
• When the Canon printer is not in the service mode.
• A problem in the printer cartridge is also one of the apparent reasons behind the Canon printer error 006.
• An empty ink cartridge or when no ink is left in it.
• When the Service tool becomes incompatible and does not support your Canon printer.
How to Eliminate Canon Printer Error Code 006?
After discussing some of the main reasons behind the error, let's proceed further and discuss some of the best solutions that can help users with the error resolution:
Solution 1: Check Your Ink Cartridge
In the first place, you need to check if your printer cartridge is filled in properly. If not, it can promote the Canon service tool error code. Also, confirm that the cartridge connections are done properly. To do so, you need to check if the cartridge connectors are copper contacts on the front of the cartridge. Besides, the printer cartridges are positioned at the head front of the printer. Furthermore, make sure that the internal parts of the printer are well connected to each other and they don’t have any ink stains that can stop printer operation.
Solution 2: Restart Canon Service Tool
When getting the Service tool with your Canon printer, you need to check if the printer is compatible with the same name as the tool can search compatibility. However, if the error persists even after checking the compatibility of the service tool with the printer, restart the Canon Service Tool. For more details on resetting the tool, you can refer to the user manual.
Solution 3: Confirm That Printer Drivers Are Working Fine
If none of the solutions works in the error resolution, you can get perplexed why the error still continues. In such a scenario, you need to uninstall your printer drivers and install them back using IJ Start Canon. Check if the error is fixed. Once done, turn your printer on and check the status of the Canon printer error 006. If the problem continues to trouble you, move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Reopen the Service Tool
Since the error is closely related to opening the Canon Service Tool, try to reopen it to eliminate the problem. Follow the below-given steps carefully:
• First thing first, you need to close down the service tool.
• Moving ahead, disconnect all the USB cables that are connected to the printer.
• Now plug them back into the printer after 10 seconds.
• If you are a Windows user, click next when you see the New device option on your screen.
• In the end, open the service tool to finish the procedure.
Solution 5: Resolve the Service Tool Program
If there is a problem with the Service Tool Program, you can troubleshoot it with the below-given steps:
• In the first place, you need to download and install the Service Tool Canon using ij.start.canon process.
Next, enable the maintenance mode of your Canon printer by performing the below-given steps:
• Turn your printer off before proceeding any further.
• Next, connect the printer to the central unit with the help of a USB cable.
• Now press and hold the Resume button and then press the Power button.
• Release these two buttons once the LED light glows.
• Release the Resume button while keep pressing the Power button. Here, you need to press the Resume button 6-7 times.
• Finally, release both the buttons and the LED light will flash and stop after some time. It depicts that your printer is under the Maintenance Mode.
• You may now run the Canon Service Tool.
• Now choose an appropriate USB port located underneath the USB PORT section of the service tool.
• Select the Main option located underneath the Ink Absorber Counter section.
• Moving ahead, in the Counter Value section, select the number which is closest to the counter number and click the SET button.
Read Also : Canon Printer Error B200
There are several reasons behind the Canon Service tool error code 006, such as machine incompatibility, the inappropriate process of entering the service mode when the printer is not able to enter the service mode and several others. This post addresses the possible reasons behind the Canon printer error 006 and suggests some relevant solutions to resolve the error code. On getting any technical unease, you can get assistance from an experienced Canon expert.